This section contains information about the old Java Spec API. For new development, the Kotlin API is recommended (see the Components page in the 'Main Concepts' section).
In the Codegen API section, you'll find information about the following:
- Layout Specs - the logical equivalents of composite views on Android.
- Mount Specs - components that can render views or drawables.
- Sections API - documentation for the Sections API for writing lists.
- Props and TreeProps - the ways you can pass data to Components.
- State in Specs - data that is encapsulated and managed within the Component and is transparent to its parent.
- Events for Specs - a general-purpose API to connect components with one another.
- Triggering events with Handles - how to use a
Handleto trigger Events on components.